STAR Autism Support, Inc. dba STAR Support (“STAR Support”) may gather two types of information from the users of the Linkscurriculum.com website or app.linkscurriculum.com application website (the “Service”): 1) User information (that information pertaining specifically to the user of the Service and/or their habits of use of the application). 2) Student information (that information which is provided by the user as to student actions on routines and/or lessons).
STAR Support is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured we will make every effort to ensure the information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
STAR Support may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information, including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided . You may opt out from receiving these promotions by replying to the email with “unsubscribe” in the body or by clicking the opt out button included in the email.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We will never sell your information, other than as explicitly allowed in the section entitled “controlling your personal information.”
We are committed to keeping your information secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Visit our FAQs for more details on our security procedures.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of your information please contact us.
If you believe that any information is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information.
STAR Support may use data collected from student information for the purposes of conducting research to be presented at professional conferences, published in scientific journals or other publications, as well as to enhance the Links Curriculum product. All data will maintain the anonymity of the student and no uniquely identifiable student information will ever be disclosed. Users release all rights attached to unidentifiable data collected during the use of Links Online.
Other than the specific uses described above, no student information will ever be disclosed to a third party unless required by law.
It is your responsibility to know and comply with your organization, district or state policies regarding student information. For example, your district may require that you refer to students only by student number. STAR Support is not liable for any user disclosure within the system that violates district policies or protocols.